Monday, March 24, 2008
Buoyed up by yesterday's success, today I set my Darwin making the screw-drive holder from the extruder. It took about three hours, so I think I need to make some speedups, but it came out well. There were a few PCL strings from the extruder in-air movements, but a slash of the scalpel did for those. Again, I ran a drill by hand through the holes to clean them up.
Then for the acid test. I took the old screw-drive holder from the extruder, put it to one side, and bolted in the new one that it itself had just made. I warmed it up and turned it on and out came the extrudate stream :-) :-)
I didn't even have to change any of the settings to get it to work the same as the old one.
Now to see if I can catch up with that pesky Vik bloke...
Labels: Darwin replication