Monday, January 24, 2011
Evolving the Prusa Mendel: Part 2
Two weeks ago, Rob posted about some of the awesome stuff we've been doing with the Hacklab Reprap, a Prusa fork. I thought it might be worth while to bring everyone up to speed on what has happened since.
- A ground up redesign of z-motor-mount. It reduces the build time from 1 hour and 20 minutes to 30 minutes. It reduces the part count by two and gets rid of one rod.
- New designs of y-end-* reduce part count and build time.
- 3d printed nuts. You can also watch a video of them.
- Pics of y-end-* designed for threaded rod instead of belts, though this feature is in hiatus for now.
- There is now a mailing list for hacklab-reprap.